Gran Fondo Baie Sainte-Marie is located in the Municipality of Clare, situated on the shores of Baie Sainte-Marie (Saint Mary’s Bay) in Southwest Nova Scotia, and home to the largest Acadian community in Nova Scotia. Clare is also known as “La Baie Sainte-Marie”, with a dozen coastal fishing villages stretching along the panoramic shores of Saint Mary’s Bay.
The Clare region is an excellent destination for a cycling trip, affectionately named the “longest Main Street in the World”. Visit awe-inspiring churches, notably the granite Saint-Bernard Church, and Église Sainte-Marie, the largest wooden church in North America. Explore the region’s numerous parks and trails – don’t miss the two kilometre stretch of sand awaiting you at scenic Mavillette Beach Provincial Park, dubbed the best beach in the Yarmouth & Acadian Shores region in a recent poll.
How to get here
Trans-Canada Highway from New Brunswick into Nova Scotia. Highway 101 or 1 via Annapolis Valley, or Highway 103 from South Shore.
- MV Fundy Rose: Saint John, New Brunswick to Digby, Nova Scotia www.ferries.ca. Save time, fuel and hours behind the wheel on your next journey from Saint John, New Brunswick to Digby, Nova Scotia aboard MV Fundy Rose. Spend less time driving and more time relaxing with a variety of onboard amenities and incredible views of the world famous Bay of Fundy.
- The Cat - Bar Harbor, Maine to Yarmouth, NS www.ferries.ca The fastest way to get from Maine to Nova Scotia, the high-speed CAT ferry takes you between Bar Harbor and Yarmouth in just 3.5 hours. With plenty of onboard amenities and knowledgeable staff and crew, the journey is more than just fast, it’s a way to discover the Atlantic en route.
- Save 15%! We are pleased to partner again with Bay Ferries and Northumberland Ferries Limited for 2023 and that means you can save!
Book: July 24 - September 17, 2023
Travel: September 5-17, 2023
Discount: Save 15% on passenger and vehicle fares
Instructions: Book online with promo code GRANF23
- The Fundy Rose - Saint John, NB to Digby, NS
- The Cat - Bar Harbor, Maine to Yarmouth, NS
- Northumberland Ferries - Wood Islands, PEI to Caribou, NS www.ferries.ca Take a 75-minute ferry voyage across the beautiful Northumberland Strait. Travelling between Wood Islands, Prince Edward Island and Caribou, Nova Scotia, your journey with Northumberland Ferries offers a variety of onboard amenities and services tailored to the Maritime experience.
Robert L. Stanfield International Airport, Halifax, N.S. We are approximately a 3 1/2 hours drive from the closest major international airport in Halifax. Rental cars available.
Watch for the large blue signs on Highway #101 at Exits 28 and 32 that remind you that la Baie is only a few moments away!
Where To Stay
For Airbnb listings in the Clare area, please visit the website.
We also encourage you to stay with our accommodation sponsor partners listed below. These properties are all located within a 45-50 minute drive of the event.
Our Accommodation Sponsor Partners:
Still need help finding a place? If the accommodation properties that you contact are full, please note that we are working with our community and have a list of private houses, camps, campers and rooms to rent, for singles, couples, families and groups of riders. Please call Marcel at 902-769-2345 (Mon. to Fri., 8:30 am to 4:30 pm) or message us using the form on the Contact page, and we will find you a place to stay that fits your needs.
There are also many accommodation options found 45 to 60 minute drive away from the event location in the towns of Yarmouth and Digby. For more information, visit one of these websites: